About the Company
A reputable Insurance Company is currently recruiting a Data Governance Analyst to join their team in Dubai, UAE.
About the Role
A data governance analyst helps an organization maintain best practices regarding information security, integrity, and access. The duties of this role are to come up with the appropriate protocols for keeping data, develop tools and methods for a business to oversee its data, and provide management with recommendations about how to best govern the use of and access to the information. Qualifications for this career include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems, job experience with shared data and database languages such as SQL, skills such as analytical problem-solving, and a strong commitment to the ethical use of data.
- Responsible for ensuring Middle East compliance with Group Data Policies.
- Monitor and track data quality issues, identify gaps, and apply action plans to remediate gap
- Development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Development & maintenance of enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and owners
- Market and communicate data governance program in a way that achieves maximum buy in with key stakeholders and Senior Management
- Maintain and modify data governance program to align with industry best practices and Group requirements
- Provide guidance to product management regarding PII and data governance
- Audit systems to ensure that implementation guidelines were followed prior to release in production
- Document and maintain data governance standards and processes.
About the Individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on overall direction of data governance management
- Experience in shared data and database languages such as SQL,
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing database guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards
- Risk identification and analysis techniques
- Data confidentiality regulations and strategies
- Programming and code review processes
- Evaluate critical systems and data, prioritize workflow, and determine solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations, and policies
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits