About the Company
A leading Insurance Broker is looking for a qualified and seasoned Senior Finance Professional to head up their team in Dubai.
About the Role
- To provide high quality action-orientated performance information to senior executives
- To provide strategic input into the development of the business
- To lead the annual plan and forecasting process
- To identify potential revenue enhancement and cost saving opportunities
- To manage the annual external audit process along with any internal audit reviews
- To provide advice to the Directors on financial aspects of UAE Company Law and impact of new accounting standards
- To oversee the Company’s UAE branches and their day to day financial affairs
- To supervise, mentor and train the finance team to the Company’s group high standards
- To provide financial leadership across the Business in respect of general transaction processing and credit control.
- To liaise with IT and Corporate system providers and continuous development of finance systems to meet the accounting and reporting (UK GAAP/IFRS/Insurance Authority) requirements of the business.
- To safeguard the assets of the UAE Business
- To liaise with the UAE CEO, UAE CFO, and London office, and provide them with financial information and ad-hoc reports as and when requested
- To ensure finance complies with UAE Insurance Authority Regulations, Health Authorities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Legal and VAT environments
CORE COMPETENCE INDICATORS
- Manages the production of timely action-orientated management information including written reports for local Board and Group executives
- Manage production of the International Limited reporting packs including branch and consolidated reports.
- Design and improves finance procedures across all areas of the Business
- Ensure that the Company complies with regulatory financial reporting standards
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to manage both the internal and external audits to resolve audit issues that may arise from time to time, both before and after audits.
- Maintain finance process controls to reduce the risk of money laundering/financial crime
- Maintains business relationship with Operational heads to ensure efficiencies and effective controls.
- Maintain organisation and resources that are adequate to support business performance
- Ensure that staff competence standards match their job profiles and are appropriately supervised. Competence is regularly assessed through appraisal. Training and development are supported.
- Keeps abreast of latest accounting standards and regulatory changes.
- Manage the production of timely and relevant management information for senior executives
- Perform any other adhoc tasks as may be required primarily by the CEO and then Regional CFO from time to time.
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Credit Controller
- Junior Accountant
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: CEO, Board members, London Finance, Group Internal audit
- External: Banks, External auditors, Insurance Authority
About the Individual
- Qualified Accountant (ideally ACCA or CA)
- Ideally good knowledge of insurance broking processes and accounting
- An appreciation of accounting standards
- Experience in the management of his/her team
- Self starter
- Well organised
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to motivate and lead immediate team
- Good IT skills and ability to implement financial systems
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide strategic input into the development of the business
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret management/ financial information.
- Diligent and committed
- Acts with integrity and ethically
- Confident and articulate
- UAE insurance and VAT regulations
- Some general knowledge on GAAP standards as it differentiates itself from IFRS
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits