About the Company
A multinational Insurance Company is currently recruiting a Senior Personal Lines & Motor Professional to head the team in Dubai, UAE.
About the Role
Providing specialist / technical underwriting support to the Business and assisting in setting of portfolio standards and strategy. You will be responsible to develop and implement strategies, monitor and report business performance, manage stakeholder relationships and guide and develop your team. You will be involved in providing analytical support to assist portfolio analysis, performance monitoring and decision-making. You will support others in the technical community, and you will work with the Group, regional and local underwriting colleagues developing and improving underwriting policies, procedures and practices, whilst maintaining appropriate standards. You will use your analytical and communication skills to prepare and deliver timely, accurate and relevant information.
- Providing technical leadership, direction, challenge, support, guidance and advice to Sales & Underwriting colleagues to deliver market-leading products, secure profitable business and develop the underwriting function in line with the global Underwriting strategy
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with other business areas and functions in order to maximise the effective operation of the team/department/unit.
- Leading the development and management of strategies for one or more commercially significant portfolios of risks in order to achieve agreed business strategy and targets.
- Actively contributing to the development of segment and local customer propositions to increase penetration of existing customers and/or expand the business mix.
- Portfolio management of Personal Lines & Motor classes of business that include product definitions, creating pricing framework with actuarial support and management of affinity schemes.
- Managing the administration associated with risk plans and the Group and Regional Licensing framework ensuring compliance with established standards, procedures and guidance.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of accurate, upto-date Technical procedures, process manuals, documentation standards, etc. to ensure group, legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Leading, contributing to and co-operating with audits and reviews, as required in order to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Actively contributing to the development of segment and local customer propositions, and associated sales planning and account development, bringing knowledge and insight of the market and its risks, proactively identifying opportunities to increase penetration of existing customers and / or expand the business mix.
- Leading and/or contributing to the identification of and research into new product and proposition development opportunities, drawing on own experience and on personal contact network e.g. Reinsurers, to enable the development of leading edge, competitive and profitable business solutions
- Reviewing non-standard case referrals and deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and / or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
About the Individual
- Alignment and performance of portfolio strategy
- Achievement of personal and team/department/unit performance targets
- Quality and levels of service provided
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Personal and team/department/unit compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Contribution to product development
- In depth insurance and underwriting knowledge of PL & motor classes of business
- Relationship/ network with intermediary
- Analytical capability
- Prior experience in leading a team
- Experience of working in underwriting / operations roles.
- Experience of working directly with customers and in the customer environment.
- Depth and breadth of experience across a range of lines of business, products or types of customer.
- Understanding of business strategies and / or customer propositions.
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits