About the Company
A well-established Insurance Company in the UAE is currently looking to recruit an experienced Legal Counsel to oversee their Legal team in Dubai.
About the Role
The job holder is responsible for managing the day to day activities of Legal Department, conducting review and vetting of contracts and agreements and liaise with external legal counsel. The Job holder is responsible for providing assistance to all Business Units, Compliance, HR and Accounts. The job holder is also responsible to manage the relationship with the outsourced legal retainer firm (if any), acts as a Supervising Counsel from the client and ensures to provide the legal related statistics to the management and Board as and when required.
- Strategy Management: Under the oversight of the CRO, Manage the Implementation of Legal Framework in the company and guide other staff in carrying out the activities required in meeting the departmental goals and objectives
- Review Activity: Review and approve all the standard certificates, forms and terms and conditions in respect of the holding company and the subsidiaries’ business.
Review and approval of all new products to ensure compliance with all applicable legal rules. Review and approve all contracts entered into by the holding company and the subsidiaries with service providers or vendors to ensure that they are consistent with the applicable policies and procedures.
- Liaison with External Auditors and Other Parties: Liaise with external legal advisors in respect of litigation and other matters, as appropriate and also Recommending appointment of legal retainers, outside legal counsel to represent company in litigations, legal opinions and negotiating their fee scales and approving their fee bills when referred.
- Day to day legal support: Provide general day to day legal support to the holding company and subsidiaries’ business.
- Identification of Legal Risk and Compliance with Legal policies: Generally identifying and dealing with all legal risks that effect the holding company and the subsidiaries and Monitor compliance by the entities with all applicable legal policies and procedures.
- Vetting/drafting of Agreements: Legal vetting/drafting of Agreements, Contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Treaties and other documents
- Legal related statistics: Providing required legal related statistics and details to CEO/CFO/Board of Directors and others as may be required.
- Assistance to Compliance, HR and Accounts team: Assisting Compliance Team on matters related to Insurance Authority and SCA
Assisting Accounts team on Recoveries and other legal matters and litigation
Assisting HR Team on Labour and Personnel Matters and litigation
- Policies and TORs: Prepare and update Legal related policies and procedures
- Training and Induction: Conduct legal related trainings and induction sessions for existing staff and new joiners.
- People Management: Interact with Business to ensure that appropriate documentation, limits, regulatory directives are complied with. Actively participate in meetings regarding the changes in process / feature of current products or in launch of new products /processes with a view to identify and mitigate Legal Risks
About the Individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is mandatory.
- Arabic speakers only.
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits