About the Company
A leading Insurance Broker is looking for an experienced Medical Claims Professional to join their team in Dubai.
About the Role
To manage clients’ claims from notification to settlement in a professional and efficient manner, achieving an optimum result and complying with internal, regulatory and quality practice standards
Key Accountabilities / Core Competence Indicators:
- Handle claims through first advice, investigation, negotiation and settlement.
- Investigates, negotiates the settlement of claims to ensure an optimum client result and long-term client loyalty
- Produces documentation to support the presentation of a claim for payment
- Maintains client communications and liaises with insurers and third parties
- Notifies all appropriate layers and connected reinsurance to reduce the risk of rejection
Collection and Transfer of Settlement Funds
- Process and issue payments to clients
- Ensures prompt credit control, collection and transfer of funds with any appropriate third party notification
- Assist placing colleagues by providing advice and interpretation on the claims implications of proposed wordings and terms.
- Provides advice/statistics to Placing/Accounts on the possible impact of assured claims on renewals
- Provides Claims Divisional management information (MI) on Claims statistics.
- Gives Claims management timely advice of problems and emerging issues
- Identifies and manages client requirements in accordance with the terms of appointment
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships
- Achieves a high rate of client retention through well-planned and executed account renewal management
- Ensures there are sufficient resources to meet client day-to-day demands and escalates servicing issues to divisional management as necessary
- Ensure that the standards of the Company’s Client Service Charter are met at all times
- No justified client complaints over provision of service
- Maintains thorough and timely records of market negotiations, presentations and communications with insurers and with clients in accordance with Internal Procedures and informs clients and/or colleagues of any developments.
- Ensure that correspondence, documentation, statistic etc. are retained on paper and electronic files in accordance with BPM and divisional procedures to demonstrate a complete audit trail.
- Legal, market, regulatory and Best Practice Manual requirements are met in all aspects of business acquisition, placing, claims and servicing.
- High technical standards are maintained to achieve quality, minimal rework and minimal E & O exposure.
- Maintain confidentiality in systems and procedures.
- Financial & document checks and subsequent approval process is handled in accordance with the Company’s Authorised Signatory List.
- Review files to ensure that correspondence, documents, statistics etc. are retained on file in accordance with Best Practice Manual/divisional procedures providing a complete audit trail
- Supports the introduction of new processes in response to regulation changes.
- Identifies and reports suspicious financial circumstances or transactions directly to the Company’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer
About the Individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Business Administration or equivalent
- CII/ ACII Certification preferred
- UAE or international market claims experience in either a broker or (re)insurer. Preferred exposure to large international corporations.
- Market and industry structure and operation, including regulation and market reform
- Electronic market claims systems
- Sector specific risks and insurance products/solutions
- Client servicing & Negotiation skills
- Verbal and written communication
- Accuracy and thoroughness FCA – Insurance Conduct of Business and Money Laundering/Prevention of financial crime
- Claims process
- Core IT systems: enter and retrieve information
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits