About the Company
A Global Health Insurance Company in UAE is currently recruiting for an accomplished and experienced Medical Underwriter in Dubai.
About the Role
- Evaluate, price and modify plan design for renewals and new business on Large Corporate quotations in compliance with underwriting authorities.
- Evaluate renewals and work with relevant client managers, brokers and clients to implement required rate actions.
- Manage portfolio of accounts balancing profitability and persistency.
- Analyse results looking for trends and patterns that may require changes to benefits currently and into the future. Work with sales and the client to implement changes.
- Investigate any non-compliance of benefit adjudication and liaise with appropriate managers to ensure compliance.
- Work with sales and client management to improve their knowledge of the technical aspects of the business. Provide concise and clear instructions on what is happening to a risk and provide options to manage costs into the future.
- Be market aware; understand the competition, the environment and the client’s needs.
- Awareness and understanding of regulatory (DHA/DHO) compliance pricing requirements, ensuring the Underwriting Department is fully compliant and is set up to deal with any potential future changes.
- Provide accurate and timely metrics to the Underwriting Manager and Senior Management
About the Individual
- High level of numeracy & accuracy
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Resilience and drive
- Ability to take ownership and time management
- Able to work under pressure, both individually and as part of a team
- Sound decision-making and good business judgment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ of underwriting experience in group health
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits