About the Company
A leading Insurer is currently looking for a Regional Underwriting Manager to support the development of their A&H product strategy across the MEA region based in their office in Dubai, UAE.
About the Role
A senior leadership position reporting to the MEA Head of A&H, this position will support development and monitoring of A&H product strategy, P&L, and talent management. Responsibilities include developing and delivering on underwriting strategic objectives including setting, overseeing adherence to pricing guardrails.
- Execution of the MEA A&H underwriting strategy
- Expert understanding of the A&H business model E2E, group and individual product suite, underwriting methodology, and the risks involved.
- Drive underwriting excellence across the A&H product line, by establishing and ensuring adherence to risk appetite, line setting, standards and guidelines, and ensure rating and pricing adequacy.
- Establish strong relationships with Regional leadership; create mutual understanding of overall product strategy to drive effective execution of business model
- Ensure business written within the A&H profit centre is in line Insurance risk policy
- Ensure an appropriate pricing strategy is set within the A&H profit centre
- Review and implement global underwriting guidelines to set out how strategic objectives are to be executed within the A&H profit centre
- Implement appropriate delegations of underwriting authority, and to ensure these are documented, communicated and adherence to these is monitored
- Provide leadership and act as referral point for Country Lead Underwriters
- Drive collaborative behaviour with leadership team across the wider business
About the Individual
- At least 10 years insurance underwriting leadership experience, including oversight over multiple products, channels and geographies including P&L responsibility
- Deep expertise in A&H, expert technical underwriting background
- Broad and extensive A&H underwriting exposure
- Re-Insurance experience
- An in-depth understanding of aggregation monitoring
- Strong analysis skills with proven ability of managing complex data to make sound commercial decisions
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of stakeholders
- Highly collaborative approach across functions and geographies
- Ability to manage and influence in a matrix structure and across a wide geography
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits