About the Company
A leading Insurance Broker is looking for a qualified and experienced Accounting & Finance professional to join their team in Dubai.
About the Role
Senior Accountant will be an integral part of finance department in assisting the finance manager on day- to- day financial matters including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, preparation of payments, reconciliation, filing of tax returns and taking care of all other tax matters, etc.
STRATEGIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Finance Manager (FM) in effective and smooth flow of financial operations.
- Assisting FM in monthly/ quarterly/ semi-annually and annual financial reporting.
- Preparation, completion, review and submission of VAT/ tax returns within the filing deadlines and in compliance with local tax laws
- Monitor outstanding dues to vendors/ insurers and preparation of due payments.
- Assisting and clarifying various finance and tax related queries from BUs’ and departments.
- Informing overdue status of allocated customers and assist in further action.
- Follow-up with allocated customers for due payments and continuously monitoring overdue status.
- Follow-up with allocated insurance companies for due receivables.
- Assisting in year-end audits and half yearly reviews.
- Assisting in month end transactions and passing necessary entries in system.
- Preparation and follow-up of Insurance company reconciliation with departments and Insurance companies.
- Assisting FM in Forex transactions.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies when required.
- Verifying contracts and assisting in preparation of contracts.
- Preparation of commission statements to allocated salesmen.
About the Individual
- Bachelors in Accounting and Finance
- 5 years experience in Accounting (preferably in a senior role)
- Knowledge of VAT
- Strong analytical skills and eye for detail
- Strong interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel)
- Masters/ ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA, etc. preferred
Salary commensurate based on Candidates’ experience
An excellent bonus scheme and other benefits